September 2, 2015
August 21, 2015
August 20, 2015
August 12, 2015
August 6, 2015
It's almost time for school to start again!
We would like to invite you to our annual "Hot Dog, School's In" lunch and classroom visitation. Please see the schedule below for times. We can't wait to see each of you!
August 6, 2015
10 am - 11 am- Kindergarten Orientation- This is for Kindergarten parents only. Kindergarten students will go on a school tour while parents attend orientation in their child's classroom.
11 am - 12 pm - Hot Dog lunch for parents and students
12 pm - 2 pm - Classroom visitation
June 16, 2015
Keep your child learning all summer long!
Mossy Head School
2015 Summer Learning Program
Who is the program for?
All Mossy Head School students
How long will it last?
June 5-August 9
Why is this program important?
Mossy Head School fosters a love for learning reading, writing, and math. We want our students to continue to grow academically, even while on summer vacation.
What do I do?
1) Complete the “Summer Express” workbook (The workbook is designed for 10 weeks but you will only have 9 weeks to complete it. So, be sure to pace yourself this summer!) **This workbook was sent home in a "I Love Reading" backpack at the end of school.**
2) Return your “Summer Express” Workbook to school by Friday, August 14, 2015. All students who return a completed workbook will earn a reward!
What other things are included in the backpack?
1) Read your 5 NEW books and complete activities that go along with them
2) Practice your math fluency with flashcards
3) Practice your writing in your new journal
4) Encourage your child to get on the computer and access our online resources:
- IXL.com- Practice Math at www.ixl.com/signin/mhs
- RazKids- Practice reading skills at www.raz-kids.com/main/Login
- ReadingEggs- Practice reading at www.readingeggs.com
**Each website requires a student login and password. Student logins and passwords were sent home in the "I love reading" summer backpack.