August 12, 2015
August 6, 2015
It's almost time for school to start again!
We would like to invite you to our annual "Hot Dog, School's In" lunch and classroom visitation. Please see the schedule below for times. We can't wait to see each of you!
August 6, 2015
10 am - 11 am- Kindergarten Orientation- This is for Kindergarten parents only. Kindergarten students will go on a school tour while parents attend orientation in their child's classroom.
11 am - 12 pm - Hot Dog lunch for parents and students
12 pm - 2 pm - Classroom visitation
June 16, 2015
Keep your child learning all summer long!
Mossy Head School
2015 Summer Learning Program
Who is the program for?
All Mossy Head School students
How long will it last?
June 5-August 9
Why is this program important?
Mossy Head School fosters a love for learning reading, writing, and math. We want our students to continue to grow academically, even while on summer vacation.
What do I do?
1) Complete the “Summer Express” workbook (The workbook is designed for 10 weeks but you will only have 9 weeks to complete it. So, be sure to pace yourself this summer!) **This workbook was sent home in a "I Love Reading" backpack at the end of school.**
2) Return your “Summer Express” Workbook to school by Friday, August 14, 2015. All students who return a completed workbook will earn a reward!
What other things are included in the backpack?
1) Read your 5 NEW books and complete activities that go along with them
2) Practice your math fluency with flashcards
3) Practice your writing in your new journal
4) Encourage your child to get on the computer and access our online resources:
- IXL.com- Practice Math at www.ixl.com/signin/mhs
- RazKids- Practice reading skills at www.raz-kids.com/main/Login
- ReadingEggs- Practice reading at www.readingeggs.com
**Each website requires a student login and password. Student logins and passwords were sent home in the "I love reading" summer backpack.
June 5, 2015
May 5, 2015
May 5, 2015
May 5, 2015
It’s time for our SPRING BOOK FAIR! Summer is coming soon and we want our students to have plenty of books for summer reading! Our book fair will begin on Monday, May 11th and will end on Friday, May 15th. Students will be bringing home flyers with books that will be available that week to purchase. If you are sending money to school for students to purchase books, please remember to add 7.5% tax onto your order! Please make checks payable to Mossy Head School.
The book fair is also available online this year at http://bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/mossyheadschool. Books ordered online will be delivered to the school 7-10 business days after the book fair ends. Online ordering is available from May 5-17th, a couple of days earlier and later than the actual book fair! To make it fun and memorable for the students, we will have activities each day that coincide with National Library Week (see the back of this paper for more details). I am looking forward to an awesome, fun-filled week!
Mrs. Heather Simmons
(850)892-1290 ext 2632
Special Hours for Book Fair
Online Book Fair Ordering – Opens on May 5th (a week early) and is open 24/7. The last day to order online is Sunday, May 17th. This is a great way for out of town family to participate!
Tuesday (May 12th) – Park and Peek at the Book Fair : Come in that morning and shop the Book Fair with your child from 7:15-8:00am.
Thursday (May 14th)- Book Fair Night : Come in and shop the Book Fair with your child from 5:00-6:30pm that evening!
Friday (May 15th)- Last day to shop the Book Fair!
April 8, 2015
Spring Portrait reminder
Select your favorites and pay online!
- Go to mylifetouch.com.
- Log in with your Portrait ID and Access Code, which is on your portrait package insert.
- Please return unpurchased portraits to your school.