March 4, 2015
Students in Mrs. Blanton’s 3rd grade classroom used Prezi to create a presentation for their class on air pressure and barometers. Students worked during their enrichment group to research and create the Prezi. Using Prezi in this Digital Lead Classroom at Mossy Head School is one way students incorporate technology in their everyday learning.
February 4, 2015
January 6, 2015
November 10, 2014
Mossy Head School honors Veterans during annual Veteran's Day Program
Students, teachers, parents, and staff joined together on November 10th to honor those serving or who have served in our armed forces during a Veteran's Day Program. Mrs. Hinote opened the celebration by welcoming everyone. Morgan Hickingbottom stood proudly as she lead the Pledge of Allegiance. The Headliner's performed several patriotic songs in dedication to our Veterans. Keynote speaker, Retired Air Force Major Dan Owens, talked about the meaning of Veteran's Day. Fourth grade students, Tayten Lehmann and Lauren Gaither, read their writings about the history of Veteran's Day. Thank you, Veterans!
November 7, 2014
October 31, 2014
October 22, 2014
Book Fair and Red Ribbon Week
October 27 - 31st, 2014
We are CRAZY about Reading and Saying NO to Drugs!
We have some fun days planned to celebrate reading and Red Ribbon Week. Here is the schedule!
- Wednesday, October 22nd
- Online Book Fair Starts -bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/mossyheadschool.
- Monday, October 27th
- Crazy Hair Day
- Tuesday, October 28th
- Crazy Hat Day
- Park and Peek at the Book Fair- Come in that morning and shop the book fair with your child from 7:15-8:00 am.
- Wednesday, October 29th
- Crazy Socks Day
- Thursday, October 30th
- Spirit Day- Be CRAZY for your school and wear your MHS t-shirt or a red shirt!
- Book Fair Family Night - Come in and shop the book fair with your child from 5:00-6:30pm that evening!
- Friday, October 31st
- Crazy Character Day - Dress up as your favorite book character. Create a small vocabulary sign to hang around your neck with a vocabulary word describing your book character. We will have a VOCABULARY PARADE at 8:30am to show off our character costumes and vocabulary words! **Information about the vocabulary parade went home on October 20th. Remember that the Vocabulary Word Planning Sheet is due to your child's teacher no later than Wednesday, October 29th. Contact Mrs. Simmons at 850-892-1290 ext 2632 for more information!