January 6, 2015
November 10, 2014
Mossy Head School honors Veterans during annual Veteran's Day Program
Students, teachers, parents, and staff joined together on November 10th to honor those serving or who have served in our armed forces during a Veteran's Day Program. Mrs. Hinote opened the celebration by welcoming everyone. Morgan Hickingbottom stood proudly as she lead the Pledge of Allegiance. The Headliner's performed several patriotic songs in dedication to our Veterans. Keynote speaker, Retired Air Force Major Dan Owens, talked about the meaning of Veteran's Day. Fourth grade students, Tayten Lehmann and Lauren Gaither, read their writings about the history of Veteran's Day. Thank you, Veterans!
November 7, 2014
October 31, 2014
October 22, 2014
Book Fair and Red Ribbon Week
October 27 - 31st, 2014
We are CRAZY about Reading and Saying NO to Drugs!
We have some fun days planned to celebrate reading and Red Ribbon Week. Here is the schedule!
- Wednesday, October 22nd
- Online Book Fair Starts -bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/mossyheadschool.
- Monday, October 27th
- Crazy Hair Day
- Tuesday, October 28th
- Crazy Hat Day
- Park and Peek at the Book Fair- Come in that morning and shop the book fair with your child from 7:15-8:00 am.
- Wednesday, October 29th
- Crazy Socks Day
- Thursday, October 30th
- Spirit Day- Be CRAZY for your school and wear your MHS t-shirt or a red shirt!
- Book Fair Family Night - Come in and shop the book fair with your child from 5:00-6:30pm that evening!
- Friday, October 31st
- Crazy Character Day - Dress up as your favorite book character. Create a small vocabulary sign to hang around your neck with a vocabulary word describing your book character. We will have a VOCABULARY PARADE at 8:30am to show off our character costumes and vocabulary words! **Information about the vocabulary parade went home on October 20th. Remember that the Vocabulary Word Planning Sheet is due to your child's teacher no later than Wednesday, October 29th. Contact Mrs. Simmons at 850-892-1290 ext 2632 for more information!
October 21, 2014
Mossy Head Students Learn about Fire Prevention and Safety
Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and First Grade students at Mossy Head School learned about ways to prevent fires and practice fire safety first hand from the Mossy Head Fire Department. Students enjoyed learning about the fire equipment, fire safety gear, and fire safety tips! Students even got to investigate the inside of an EMS truck. Students walked away with their own fire hat and a goody bag full of Fire Safety learning material.
October 21, 2014
Walmart presents teachers at Mossy Head School with a gift
Walmart representatives visited Mossy Head School to present the faculty and staff with a celebration. Mossy Head School was chosen as the Walmart in DeFuniak Springs School of the Year. Twenty teachers received $50 gift cards to purchase necessary classroom supplies. THANK YOU WALMART OF DEFUNIAK SPRINGS!
Read the full article by Dottie Nist in the Beach Breeze, Week of September 22nd-28th, 2014 edition.